Join Gradient and Invited Guest Speakers for a Three-part Webinar Series on Technical and Legal Issues that Affect Coal Combustion Residuals Management.
Webinar Series Summary: When the Coal Combustion Residuals (CCR) Rule was promulgated in April 2015, it created new and far-reaching implications for the storage and management of CCR. Since that time, CCR disposal practices have been further influenced by a better understanding of the overall scope and costs of complying with the CCR Rule, recent legal rulings, and market changes related to coal-fired power plants. This three-part webinar series will explore the evolving technical and legal issues that affect regulatory compliance and environmental liabilities associated with coal-fired power plants and CCR waste management.
Register here for Webinar #3: "Coal-fired Power Plant Decommissioning"
Fri, Sep 15, 2017 3:00 AM - 4:00 AM AEST
- Manu Sharma, M.S., P.E: Principal at Gradient, will discuss risk-based approaches for power plant decommissioning with a focus on PCBs and other key risk drivers.
- Bruce Baker, Esq: Partner at Nixon Peabody, will discuss contracting issues and identifying/allocating risk associated with the decommissioning and demolition processes.
- Kurt Herman, M.Eng., P.G: Principal at Gradient, will explore how probabilistic cost estimation methods can be used to evaluate decommissioning and redevelopment alternatives to optimize post-decommissioning redevelopment returns.
- Christopher Desiderio, Esq: Counsel at Nixon Peabody, will discuss plant owner obligations in the event of a bankruptcy and whether there is a way to limit or eliminate those requirements.
- Ari Lewis, M.S: Principal and Toxicologist/Risk Assessor at Gradient (Moderator).
Gradient is an environmental and risk science consulting firm renowned for our specialties in Toxicology, Epidemiology, Risk Assessment, Product Safety, Contaminant Fate and Transport, Industrial Hygiene, Geographic Information Systems, and Environmental/Forensic Chemistry. We employ sound science to assist national and global clients in resolving their complex problems relating to chemicals in the environment, in the workplace, and in consumer products. gradientcorp.com
Contact: Lisa Edwards
Tel: (617) 395-5070