The Ash Development Association of Australia was pleased to host another CCPs Workshop as a follow-up to our Workshop for Transport for NSW in May of this year. This Workshop was co-hosted by Stanwell Corporation & Capricorn Enterprises.
The Workshop provided a terrific overview for potential engagers of CCPs. We hope to continue discussions and are tentatively planning on hosting another follow-up Workshop later in the year.
Coal Combustion Products (CCPs) – often referred to as “coal ash” and including “fly ash” and “bottom ash” – are solid materials produced when coal is burned to generate electricity. There are many good reasons why the 12 million tonnes of CCPs generated annually are viewed as resources. Beneficiating (using) CCPs conserves natural resources, saves energy and reduces associated carbon emissions contributing towards an efficient circular economy. Applications incorporating CCPs have been proven to out perform products made without it! Coal continues to be the largest energy source for electricity generation within Australia, and accordingly significant volumes of CCPs are produced, used and stored annually.
- Registrations are welcome from 8:30am AEST at the Empire Resort Hotel in Rockhampton, QLD.
- Presentations will commence at 9:10am AEST and run until approxiamately 12:00pm.
- Lunch courtesy of Stanwell Corporation will run from 12:00pm AEST to 12:45pm.
- Following lunch, vistors will be transported to Stanwell Power Station via charter bus.
- The ON SITE tour will run until approxiamately 3pm AEST.
Health & Safety Precautions:
- Stanwell has a limit of 16 visitors/passengers to satisfy social distancing.
- Stanwell will require your name and contact details when entering the site, on-site security & Mr. Daniel Payne of Stanwell will faciliate list management.
- Once at the security gate, all visitors entering site will need to exit the bus proceed through the temperature check and then re-board the bus.
- All visitors will require the following PPE:
- Hard Hat with chin strap
- Steel Cap Boots or hard safety toe protection
- Long sleeve cotton shirt with reflective strip
- Long cotton / denim pants
- Safety Glasses
- Hearing protection can be supplied
(Those without the appropriate PPE will be provided some by Stanwell)
Please download the following UPDATED documents for further information about the Workshop.
|Download UPDATED Agenda||Download UPDATED Information Sheet|
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the Ash Development Association of Australia Head Office on (02) 4228 1389 or email us at email@example.com